Saturday, April 14, 2007

Bangalore Photography Festival 2007

Tomorrow is the start of the first Bangalore Photography Festival at the Leela Galleria on Airport Road. Remarkably, seven of my pictures have been selected for the show (I just read on someone else's blog that seven of theirs had been accepted too, so now I know there are at least 14 in the show!!!) Seriously, they say that there are about 200 pictures in the amateur category alone.

The Festival runs from 3pm to 8pm each day, with categories changing every other day: Sports, Culture and Fashion (Apr 15 and 16)
Social Issues, Nature and People (Apr 17 and 18)
Bangalore Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow (Apr 19 and 20)
The best of the show will be exhibited on Saturday 21st from 12 noon to 5pm.

It is the first photo contest I have ever entered, so I am thrilled and looking forward to seeing what else is out there. I spent a frantic few days getting my pictures printed, mounted, captioned, etc., with a lot of journeys back and forth in the car to 'Van Gogh's Art Shop' (who were excellent and worked within deadline preparing the mounts) and G.K.Vale Photography (who were not so great, with varying colour results on my photos depending what day they were printed and even delivering photos covered in finger prints...). Let's hope the finished pictures survived delivery from the competition organizers to the Leela. We will see tomorrow...