Sunday, August 12, 2007

Perfectly Pleasing

A funny thing happened this week... I had a GREAT experience with a small store in town from where I bought an Epson photo printer. And I mean small. It was a basement shop about 20' x 20' - not PC World! Despite initial issues (they sold the printer I wanted to another expat...) they made good and another printer was on its way from Chennai the next day. Although it was delayed, the store AND the Epson rep kept me completely updated as to its progress and even checked on its final arrival at around 9pm that evening. This is a rarity here. For example, Airtel, our phone company, was supposed to send a rep to fix our dodgy internet connection. No-one came and no phone call - except the next day to check that it had been fixed! Hilariously annoying. The plumber was meant to come at 10am. Then at 4pm. Nothing by 5pm. When I called, he said he had a problem somewhere else.... And so it goes on. Except for the nice printer people at the appropriately named Perfect Computers! I did ask the salesman if the printer would be perfect, however, and his reply? We are perfect in name only! I beg to differ Mr. Perfect Computers.