Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cloudy Day Over Cloudy Bay

On a very sombre note, I learned today that a wonderful guy called Dave Freeman had passed away at the weekend.  Dave and I met through Fiona and had a mad couple of days in Mumbai together which included the now legendary evening that saw us polish of five bottles of extremely-expensive-in-India-imported-New-Zealand-wine Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc ($750 please!) BEFORE heading off in a desperate search for more booze!  Oh, and food; we forgot to eat...


I was not a big part of Dave's life, nor did we spend a great deal of time together, but the time we did have was filled with friendship, laughter, joy, adventure, and a sense that all was well in the world.  Dave once published a book, 100 Things to Do Before You Die.  Knowing him for the brief time I did, I have no doubt he did them all, and probably with a glass of Cloudy Bay in his hand.