Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Celebrity Sightings

So, I am back in blighty for a couple of weeks and very excited that I am spotting celebrities that I have at least seen before or heard of! My friend Liz commented how funny it is that I still get a kick out of seeing them, despite having worked with many A list (and of course D list) celebs in my past. Today's was my favourite - Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant together! A pair of comic geniuses; priceless. I did spot Fred Macauley at Paddington station yesterday; no, I'd never heard of him either until I was in England in March and he was a contestant on the celebrity Fame Academy for Comic Relief. One spotting, however, has got me stumped - a very gritty northern actor who's probably late 60s and has long-ish straggly hair. I can see him grumbling in some northern drama or in a period piece. Any clues? Help!