Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Virgin Blog

So, today is the first day of the rest of my blogging life! There is no excuse as to why this hasn't happened sooner - I left the US four months ago to start a new life in Bangalore with my husband, Tom - but in India, time seems to slip away quickly... Today seemed an appropriate day as I am trapped in our apartment with the painters and have been advised not to leave them alone. I use the plural for painters and the word 'them' optimistically - three men were due to arrive yesterday, two to paint, one to construct mosquito screens for the doors and windows; suffice to say only two arrived, one had chickenpox but I was assured he would be here today. (Who knew chickenpox ran such a quick course!!!) After much chattering all morning, the activity went quiet and I discovered that one of the painters had jumped ship, allegedly with a tummy ache! That leaves one. He is hard at it despite that fact he has a paintbrush the size of a blusher brush and four large rooms to paint. Ever the optimist, I am sure the other two will make a miraculous recovery and join us tomorrow..... that is, before the New Year holiday on Thursday, which no doubt they will ALL be taking off!